Blogs are the third most powerful influencer for consumer decision making. Businesses that blog have 55 percent more visitors. B2C businesses that blog have 88 percent more leads per month, where B2B businesses that blog have 67 percent more leads per month.
Blog marketing is an important method of connecting with your customers. Here’s what blogging can do for your business:
- Blogging establishes you as an industry expert.
- Blogging builds relationships by creating 2 way communication with consumers.
- Blogging gives insight into your audience. Analytics allow you to track click throughs, readers, popular topics, and comments.
- Blogging improves site rankings by creating fresh content and more pages for web crawlers.
- Blogging provides link bait.
Something else to consider, out of all currently used mediums, blogging has the highest media intensity ratio, a measure of the time spent with a specific medium, divided by the level of influence it has on a reader. This means that people are taking time to look at blogs, and what they’re reading impacts their decisions.
Not all blogs are created equal. Good posts are written to be informative and share timely, relevant information with customers. They should be engaging and tell a story. They should not pitch your company’s products or services.
When writing for your company blog, it is important to keep these three questions in mind. What’s in it for them? Why should they read this? Is it worth them paying for it?
Here are a few blog topic ideas:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructional/How To blogs (Pair with a video!)
- Informational, research blogs based on latest industry findings
- Reviews of industry products (don’t try to sell yours)
- Lists (10 Best list or 10 Worst List)
- Interviews with key people in the industry
- Stories that inspire
- Live blogging (go to seminars and report for people who couldn’t go)
Contact us now for more information about how blog marketing can help your site.