Why are product feeds important?
Product feeds are important because they significantly increase your potential sources of customers. The sites that allow merchants to sell products via feeds include:
- Search engines – Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc.
- Top shopping portals – PriceGrabber, NextTag, Bizrate/Shopzilla, Shopping.com, etc.
- Marketplaces – Ebay and Amazon
Product feeds can be a cost efficient way to increase your products’ exposure, because:
- Most of the sites that use product feeds charge a per-click fee that is lower than that of PPC advertising.
- Google and Bing shopping are both free at this time.
If the setup, development, and per-click costs don’t exceed your acceptable cost per order, product feeds can profitably expand your reach far beyond the ability of advertising and organic search.
In order to utilize product feeds, you must have:
- Physical products – services cannot appear in feeds
- Prices, pictures, names, and descriptions of your products in the feed
- At least one product to sell (there’s no maximum number)
Contact us now for a free internet marketing consultation.