When is local marketing unimportant?
Local Marketing is not beneficial for businesses that operate exclusively on the internet, as there is no local element. It’s also less likely to be helpful for businesses that operate primarily at the national or international level, even though local exposure might bring in more leads and sales.
When is local marketing important?
Local marketing is important for any business that is looking to bring customers into a physical, brick and mortar location. It’s particularly useful when:
- You are only licensed to sell in certain areas.
- You operate exclusively within particular geographic areas.
- You have multiple locations.
- You have time sensitive events and promotions.
There are also local marketing opportunities of which many businesses are unaware.
- Are you using microformats?
- Have you claimed all of your local listings?
- Have you standardized your company data across all local directories?
- Are you taking advantage of the mobile web?
Local marketing is also important because it enables you to manage reviews of your business, both for SEO purposes and to improve your reputation. Review sites like Yelp, Google Places, and Foursquare present a tremendous opportunity to build credibility with customers, but you have to know how to manage them.
Contact us now for a free internet marketing consultation.