When is SEO unimportant?
Surprisingly, SEO is not for every website. If you’re using your website primarily as a post-marketing tool (e.g., for sales support) rather than for ecommerce or lead generation, then SEO will likely be of little benefit to your website.Since search engine optimization is a long-term proposition, any website built with a short-term focus, such as one designed for a particular event or campaign, won’t benefit as much from SEO.
When is SEO important?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is important for any website used to market a business on the internet over the long term. It can help when:
- You want to get leads or sales via your website by attracting new clients through organic search.
- You want to reach your online target market, particularly people who don’t know about your company.
- You are marketing at the local, regional, national, or international level via your website.
- You do not want to pay for advertising (e.g., pay-per-click) to increase traffic.
- You want your website to show above your competitors’ websites.
- You want to maximize your online market share.
SEO is also important when you are trying to increase your target market’s view of the credibility and authority of your company, which is accomplished by:
- Increasing the quality and amount of content on your website.
- Building up incoming links from other websites.
- Providing content of real value to your audience.
Contact us now for a free internet marketing consultation.