When is an ecommerce site important?
An ecommerce site, also known as a shopping cart, is important when you sell anything online and people pay for it online. Some of the items that people might purchase include:
- Downloadable digital content
- Pay-only website content
While an ecommerce site might seem simple and straightforward, there are actually a number of considerations that have to be taken into account for it to be successful, including:
- Product names and descriptions, which need to be persuasive, accurate, unique, and optimized for SEO.
- Product feeds.
- The shopping cart and checkout process.
- Upselling and cross-selling.
- The call to action.
- Error handling.
- The connection to your mailing list.
- Product presentation, also known as “virtual” merchandising.
- Promotions and offers.
- Site search, the importance of which is often underrated.
- Payment processing.
If prospective customers have a problem with any one of these considerations, there’s a strong possibility that they’ll take their business elsewhere.
PrairieWeb supports modern ecommerce platforms, including Magento and X-Cart.
Contact us now for a free internet marketing consultation.